It has felt like a long and full month over here! I started out the New Year traveling to Asheville and Atlanta. It was fun celebrating with cousins in ATL that I hadn’t seen in the while! We got to tour the city which was really fun even on a rainy day and I can’t wait to go back (maybe this year?) to get to see more of it! I also got to travel to Texas for the first time in the middle of January for a business retreat that was refreshing and inspiring and got me ready to tackle some big things in 2020!
Here’s some fun memories from this month:
- Ogling at all the wildlife in the Georgia Aquarium! I still can’t believe they fit THREE whale sharks in one giant large tank
- Running across the couch from Friends randomly in the CNN building! Totally wasn’t expecting this 🙂
- Trying out some new things surrounding my health and diet. Think all the lemon water, tea & honey, salads thrown into the mix. Hoping this will last throughout the year and not be a new year’s fad that fades away! The Hummus Tahina one from Sweetgreen is really good and was a great first-time salad there!
- We had a girls night with our dance team complete with pizza & wine where we played pizza box and it was super fun
- Celebrated 3 years in business with some cupcakes 🙂
- The Heartfelt Brand Society Retreat was one of my favorites of this month! We spent three days cozied up in an Airbnb in Waco, TX dreaming of taking our businesses to new heights in 2020. I was so excited to get home and start implementing everything I’d learned! We also toured Magnolia, got fantastic cupcakes from their bakery and delicious coffee to go. I also got to try Torchy’s Tacos for the first time after they were highly recommended to me by Vanessa and they did not disappoint!
- January and this year as a whole has me thinking of ways to simplify everything. My motto for the year is to simplify to thrive in each aspect of my life!
- I loved having two small snow dustings and cozying up with some hot cocoa and taking it a little slow for these days!
- We celebrated my aunt’s birthday and all the parents were reminiscing of past crazy summer vacations and planning out one for this year
- Nav and I celebrated FOUR YEARS together!! We also took a day trip to Charlottesville and back and had a couple of work dates 🙂 I’ll never take being able to do work dates for granted!
- Watching the Hoos from home of course!
- Connecting with the ladies at Rising Tide’s TuesdaysTogether after a really long time, it’s always nice to hang out with industry friends outside of the pressure of wedding days!
- Eating at Founding Farmers with old friends and somehow having a lengthy discussion about religion and spirituality!
- Photographing food part II at Stone Tower Winery! I absolutely love their team, they have the BEST food and wine and the ladies sent me home with an entire bottle of rosé! I was exhausted after four hours of shooting pictures at REALLY odd angles but it was so worth it for the bottle! I highly recommend their rosé and cab suave!
- Adding a new member to the MP team that I’ll have to introduce soon!!
- Created a picture book using Chatbooks with all my personal recap photos of last year and it was so fun to flip back through! Definitely making this a yearly tradition 🙂
That’s it for this month! I’ll be back next month with another recap 🙂 Follow along on Instagram for the latest & here are some past recaps as well to binge read through
Best of 2019 Wedding Photography
Introducing MP Customized One-On-One Mentoring Sessions
If you’re looking for a personalized plan of action to takes you from overwhelmed & stressed for time to running a systemized business that you love & allows time for what matters most, feel free to hop on the waitlist below!
This is for photographers who are looking for a customized one-on-one photography mentoring session that includes a two-hour video call or in-person coffee date to work through a pain point or build a sustainable business strategy for 2020.
Each mentoring session will come with a personalized blueprint of action items to help solve your biggest pain point and time during our session to start implementing these strategies to help take you from stressed for inquiries to completely booked in 2020!
Topics that can be covered during these personalized one-on-one intensives are:
- photographing & editing
- client workflows & communication
- organizing the backend of your business
- your marketing strategy
- or a fully customized session to best fit your business!
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if this would be a good fit for you at this time!
Submit your email below to get on the waiting list to learn when the first spots open up! This will also automatically you enter into the giveaway for an Emily Ley 2020 Dapperdesk Planner!