Hello hello we made it through a short week!! Here’s to everyone else that had President’s Day off and double here’s to those who worked through it! I thankfully had the day off and loved having a long weekend at home after 3 straight weekends of traveling! This past week and weekend were all about slowing down, recovering and enjoying having a non-crazy week. I had a couple of people tell me that they thought it was funny hearing about my unfortunate but hilarious lunch box and rosé situation last week so I figured I should bring more of the candid, real-life moments to the blog!
Here’s the highs and lows from the week:
- Went to Bayou Bakery and District Doughnut with Naveen!! I loved having him back for the weekend and getting to celebrate a bit of a late Valentine’s day with him 🙂 In full honesty, I was feeling a little off after a rather strong marg from the night before but it was ok because I bounced back a little after eating some greens! Anyone else not able to eat ANYTHING other than salads when hungover? I’m so envious of all those people that want all the brunchy greasy food when they are!!
- We got to walk along the Georgetown waterfront, people watch, laugh at little kiddos playing hide & seek and watch the ice skaters (including this old man who REALLY couldn’t skate hahaha) on an unseasonably warm day! Nav also loved the Bayou biscuit as much as I thought he would 😀 We only made it to 1/5 dessert places I had planned out but next time we’ll do our crawl not directly after lunch because we both got full hahaha
- Blogged part 2 from Hope Taylor’s workshop!! This one was all about the gorgeous floral spring styled shoot we did with 5 girls who are seniors and in her Senior Spokesmodel program! They each chose their own outfit and had professional hair & makeup done by Bombshell Bridal and the shoot was STUNNING!!! Leaving you with a personal favorite here and the blog post here!
- I slept from literally 9:30 PM to 9:30 AM on Sunday night and I couldn’t have been happier about it!!! Your girl loves to sleep but also loves staying up late and adjusting to waking up before 7 AM was really taking a toll on me!
- Tuesday night I got to catch up with a bunch of my engineering college girls again over Google video and it was the greatest thing ever 😀 I miss being able to hang out with them every single day and share food on Grounds or late nights cramming or coding with them but I’m so grateful for technology and being able to stay in touch with them. And last night I got to hang out with some of my team OUTSIDE of practice at dinner at Tupelo Honey which was SO. GOOD!!!! Get the fried chicken sandwich or like any of their food really!
- Some funny things that happened this week:
- I had the coffee machine spit out straight WATER instead of a chai tea latte on Tuesday morning and I wish I had recorded my face LOL sheer disappointment
- I was literally sweating on the metro because I thought it was going to be a lot COLDER than it was yesterday because I heard that it was gonna be cold hahaha
- I also managed to wear leggings to work while still looking professional and if you know me, you know I pretty much LIVE in leggings and so it was funny but actually SUCH A WIN!!
- And lastly, today I have to get my first filling ever at the dentist today and I’m kinda really nervous about it! I hate medical procedures and I know this is such a small thing but I get anxiety over these things, so wish me luck! I DO get to work remotely for the day which means I will be
If you’re hooked, here’s past Friday Funs for you!