Let’s bust the myth that email templates aren’t serving your customers well!
Have you found yourself spending hours in your inbox, retyping the same information, hitting send only to realize that you forgot a specific detail that your couples need to know?
Like where to meet for their session or what to bring?
And of course you remember this RIGHT after that “Undo” button on Gmail goes away? Yea, me too!!
I’ve been there many times before and it’s one of the reasons why I started using email templates!
No matter how much I tried, my brain would always miss one or two details that would have been helpful for my clients to know and I realized that using my brain to write these emails from scratch every time was 1. wasting precious time 2. wasting precious brain space and 3. most importantly, not serving my clients in the best capacity!
HAVING EMAIL TEMPLATES MAKES SURE THAT:
✅ My clients get ALL the information they need EVERY time
✅ I spend more time adding a line or two PERSONALIZING it to each client
✅ Saves me HOURS from having to re-type everything and re-link up all the correct resources
IF YOU’RE STARTING OUT, HERE ARE A COUPLE OF EMAIL TEMPLATES THAT I RECOMMEND ADDING TO YOUR TOOLKIT:
- Inquiry responses for the different services you offer (I have one for weddings & one for portraits)
- Follow up emails
- A booked wedding/portrait email with ALL the info, timeline & next steps
- Session prep emails to get your clients ready
- Thank you emails for after their session with when they can expect images / next steps
- Gallery delivery including another thank you, how to use their gallery & asking for a testimonial!
WHERE TO KEEP THESE TEMPLATES?
Pop them into Gmail Canned Responses, Trello/Asana, keep ’em on a Google Doc – whatever works best for your brain & business!
I personally keep all my email templates within HoneyBook where they’re already attached to a workflow!
This way HoneyBook tells me when it’s time to send specific emails based off of the project date for each client. It allows me to pull up the email, personalize it for my clients, tweak it if necessary and hit send saving me HOURS of time and a ton of brain space!!
SO, WHAT SHOULD I INCLUDE IN EACH EMAIL TEMPLATE?
If you’re looking to save hours figuring out WHAT to include in your emails with your clients, re-tweaking your inquiry response after getting ghosted by a client once again, and getting stuck in your inbox all day instead of moving the needle forward in your business, check out the Behind the Business Course & Toolkit.
It includes every single email template that I use including all of the ones below:
- Inquiry Response, Follow Ups, Consultation, to Booked!
- Inquiry Responses for Portraits, Prepping for Portraits
- Prepping for the Engagement Session
- Handling Sticky Situations (Re-edits, Venue Walkthroughs, Not a Good Fit Etc.)
- Gallery Delivery & Asking for a Testimonial
- Emailing Vendors Images
- Putting Together a Styled Shoot
- Submitting for Publications
- …and more!
READY TO START PUTTING SYSTEMS IN PLACE IN YOUR BUSINESS?
If you’re wondering what the inside of a successful & streamlined photography business looks like the Behind the Business Course & Toolkit is for you! It includes everything from email templates, client questionnaires, workflows for portraits & questionnaires, a breakdown of a profitable marketing strategy & how to streamline and organize each and every part of your business.
More of a visual learner? Be sure to watch the totally-free masterclass!
Cheers to showing up imperfectly & making an impact!
Follow Along On:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
If you enjoyed this post check out the MP Educational Series