My biggest business growth happened after I stopped trying to be like everyone who I looked up to in business.
I remember feeling scared to start making my brand super personal and specific – I was scared that it was all “too much” and “too specific” and that no one would resonate with it.
But I had heard time and time again – you are the only thing that’s separating yourself from other similar businesses. And that running a personal brand was the most profitable.
Even though I realized I needed a change, it still wasn’t easy to let go. I was afraid to take the leap and change my approach because I worried about things like…
- Narrowing my nice too much
- Feeling like my editing style was too different than the norm of luxury photographers
- Infusing so much of my personality into my brand was “silly” or that no one would care
But, I quickly realized that those fears were keeping me from seeing massive growth in my business and were becoming convenient excuses to not try.
- I started calling myself a multicultural photographer and started working with DREAM clients that shared my core values & got to photograph at dream venues!
- I overcame my fear thinking that my photos were “too vibrant” and too different than other luxury photographers – it started to become one of the main reasons I was booked
- People started saying that my personality & the connection they felt with me even before we hopped on Zoom was the reason they went with me over someone else at a similar/lower price point
Want to know what happened once I decided to change?
Within a few months I was booking DREAM clients at dream venues that were willing to pay more than I’d ever imagined!
The truth is, sometimes big growth isn’t as far out of reach as we think it is.
Sometimes, all we need is a little bit of faith in ourselves to make the process work and trust our gut to step outside of the “normal” to get rid of the roadblocks that are stopping us from getting to our goals!
READY TO START PUTTING SYSTEMS IN PLACE IN YOUR BUSINESS?
If you’re wondering what the inside of a successful & streamlined photography business looks like the Behind the Business Course & Toolkit is for you! It includes everything from email templates, client questionnaires, workflows for portraits & questionnaires, a breakdown of a profitable marketing strategy & how to streamline and organize each and every part of your business.
More of a visual learner? Be sure to watch the totally-free masterclass!
Cheers to showing up imperfectly & making an impact!
Follow Along On: