OCTOBER RECAP – PERSONAL
October was a whirlwind of a month, is it just me or is 2019 just flying by? Like more so than any other year, closer and closer to an entirely new decade!! October is notoriously busy for photographers with wedding and engagement season in full swing!
Highlights from the month include:
- Trying to be really intentional with giving myself some margin to get through wedding and portrait images and balancing doing some really fun fall things as well!
- I finally got to visit Bluemont Vineyard which has been on my winery bucket list for a really long time! I went with my brother and dad and we loved both their wine AND their food! It was the first chilly day of the season and it really felt like we were kicking off fall 🙂
- Have never been AS huge on chai as some of my friends but have been on a pumpkin chai kick recently! For anyone with a big sweet tooth try a pumpkin vanilla chai!
- Watching the Nats games in the world series and a ton of football (don’t mind me being one of the few people STILL rooting for the Redskins haha!) It’s been super cool watching UVA Football having a great season so far!!
- Doing a bit of fall cleaning and helping simplify some areas of our house! Everything feels so much nicer with some whitespace and things tucked neatly away, especially in the kitchen!
- Playing games out on the deck at Punch Bowl Social in Arlington! Unfortunately, I was the one that knocked over the giant life sized Jenga hahaha
- Maya & Darian’s wedding was featured over on the Washingtonian this month!!
- So when I moved back home, we squeezed a TON of my room furniture including my bed (broken down), my chair, my desk, a fan, some ottomans and other furniture into the back of a mini-van. I’m fairly certain my desk got the brunt of the squishing and ever since I moved it into my room it’s been SQUEAKING with every move I make (even while typing). Well this month I FINALLY FIXED THE SQUEAK!!!!!!
- My brother FINALLY made his night of dinner and it was breakfast for dinner so we got to order what we wanted and he made THE most incredible waffles I’ve ever eaten before!!
- This past weekend I got to spend time in Charlottesville, and then out at Powers Brewery, Morais Vineyard (get the sauv blanc), and then at the cutest Airbnb on Lake Anna for a friends’ birthday celebration! We spent the evening out on the dock, playing a hilarious game of Pictionary with guys vs. girls, eating incredible food and making s’mores out at the bonfire! It was such a great weekend disconnecting from work and spending a lot of time outside soaking in the gorgeous colors and fall weather 🙂
- My client gifted ME on her wedding day and got me these cute camera & coffee cup paper clips that I absolutely love using in my Simplified Planner
Funny moments / struggles from this month:
- I accidentally got Gorilla Glue on multiple fingers and was scraping at it foreverrrrr (10/10 DO NOT RECOMMEND)
- My dad and his friends are preparing for a karaoke performance andddd it’s been interesting to listen in on. At one point I swear 3 people were playing 3 different instruments and 3 different songs but they claim it was the same one!!
- This has been happening each month lately but towards the end I just start to crave the start of a fresh month
- I’ve been struggling with an overwhelming amount of random thoughts / tasks popping into my brain and so I recently made the switch to not one but TWO planners and I’m hoping it’ll help getting everything down on paper and with keeping work at work and home at home a little bit
- Pretty sure I ordered not one, but TWO items to my old apartment address hahaha one day I’ll learn!
And of course some BTS from the month 🙂 I promise I’ll get better at taking more personal pictures this upcoming month haha!
That’s it for now! If you enjoyed this post, follow along on Instagram & go check out past months as well 🙂