This is new so we’ll see how long I can keep it up! I’ve been making more of a push to document my OWN life this year! As I’ve grown my photography business I’ve noticed that although I love capturing really special memories for other people, I’ve neglected documenting all the little fun moments in my own life that are super special and sometimes get lost among really crazy months! I really do want to remember these years down the road because my life is definitely not the sum of the really pretty, polished portraits but rather the smaller, more candid snaps in between. I also really got into photography while capturing candid moments so I’m trying to get myself back into that mode intentionally nowadays!
Memorable moments in January:
1. New Years in a log cabin!! And a sleepy Sachi so what’s new hahaha
2. Getting BB back together!!
3. Swapping Christmas gifts with the Koulgi’s entirely too late
4. Nando’s dinner with Dhruv (not pictured) where I laughed so much! These are always so much fun 🙂
5. Going to National Harbor for fun for the first time with Naveen! The super blurry picture is in honor of the churro donuts which were AMAZING and my favorite dessert to date, which is saying a lot!
6. Being both stressed, grateful & feeling super content at the same time while business planning for the year
7. I started working out again after an embarrassingly long hiatus and it is KICKING MY BUTT
8. Having Sohum at home is always equally annoying and fun hahaha I remember he kept switching my music in my car, I drove him around a ton, he helped me shovel snow off my car, and there’s a video of him chasing me around our kitchen with our oven mittens when we made brownies. It’s always an adventure when he’s home!
9. The first snow!! Also peep my mom eating a croissant with some kind of Indian curry at which my brother FELL ON THE FLOOR equally amused and mortified hahaha 😀
10. Visiting Cville right before I went to Dubai & India! Nav surprised me with a room full of balloons & pictures with little notes on the back of them!
11. Winery day date with Jontell & Xiaoqi ON A FRIDAY and celebrating the fact that we own businesses and make our own schedules!!! And getting to meet with Elise, meeting Insta friends in real life for the win!
12. Dubai was dope, ‘nuf said! Here’s what Day One looked like!
13. India was both fun and so different than normal life. One of my grandfathers played tabla and made me dance Khatthak. Also, peep my swollen foot because I messed up my ankle during New Years and a month later it still balloons up randomly!
14. Had street food in India which is most definitely THE BEST KIND OF FOOD!!
15. It was cute seeing my parents in the town they both grew up in
16. Living out of a suitcase and in a house with 6 other people was interesting, the only time you got quiet (the traffic outside is still an exception) was in the afternoon when everyone sleeps. Knocked out over 5,000 words in prepping blog post content during this time!
17. And casually booked FIVE WEDDINGS like whaaaa how did that happen?! My high school self would have been AMAZED and that’s a sign of success for me! This came about with a lot of afternoons spent meeting clients in the local Starbucks hahaha Also it was cool being able to work in Starbucks with Naveen while he was home for break!
If you enjoyed this post you should also check out these!