This post barely made it to you guys live and really wouldn’t have happened unless my brother texted me and was like “where’s the Friday Fun post for today?!” Little known fact is that I actually generally will pre-blog this on Wednesday when I’m blogging the first half of the week’s post. I like to time block my tasks as much as possible (because efficiency) and knock both blog posts out in one day at one time! I usually have the Friday Fun pre-scheduled but will go in and tweak it a little, and add anything else that I want to before letting it get out to the world (and by world, I mean the small base of people that actually read these aka my brother and mom). If you haven’t heard of time blocking, you should definitely check it out! Maybe at some point I’ll do a whole blog post on other tips and tricks that help boost productivity and efficiency, two of my favorite things! Call me a nerd, but whatever gets the work done quickly so I can enjoy the day or weekend right?! Here’s the highlights from this week:
– This past weekend was THE STRUGGLE but I made it out alive!! Friday started out as the best day ever since Neha was working from home from my apartment and we had the best little morning food and coffee at Northside Social. And then the day tanked. I not only lost my apartment keys to possibly an über and continued to drive/metro all around D.C. trying to recover them, but I also misplaced my Nikon battery charger which I needed for a wedding the next day. Cue the panic. And lots of driving back and forth.
– Friday night was salvaged by grabbing dinner with Sohum & Dhruv at Vapiano’s in Reston Town Center
– But when I returned Saturday morning to Ballston before the wedding only to realize that the Home Depot copy of my bottom apartment key didn’t work. I then drove back to Herndon, schlepped my mom’s dress out and made it to UMD in time for the wedding thank goodness. I made ANOTHER copy of the key Saturday night and came back to the apartment on Sunday and it still didn’t work. Enter my resident manager who heard about my woes and gave me a spare key for free, there is still good in the world!!
– I GOT A CAR!!!!! After spending over 4 hours at the Volkswagen dealership with my dad we finally made the move on the 1.4T Jetta that we’ve been eyeing a crazy deal on for over a month! It’s a 5-speed manual, black and has turbo and is SO MUCH FUN to drive!! It feels like a much newer version of my older Talon car! We also finally own a car that isn’t more than 10 years old which is definitely a change of pace
– I had a bhangra teammate turned friend crash with me on Monday & Tuesday night and it was actually so nice to have someone to work besides during the day 🙂
– I saw one cute family walking around the streets of Arlington and one cute puppy and it made me so sad not to be able to be at Trick or Treating on the Lawn which is one of my favorite UVA traditions
– After a week full of practices, I’m headed to a competition at James Madison University today called GOT Bhangra! I’m super excited to meet all of my UVA and JMU friends there for the weekend and to dance on stage after all the hours of hard work 🙂 It’ll be super fun to bond even more with the new team AND there is Milan at the mixer so hoo wouldn’t be super excited for that!!!
And that’s all for this one! Here’s what Trick or Treating on the Lawn looks like at UVA & a pumpkin and macaron thrown in for good fall measure