Welcome to what seems to be like the longest week ever!! I suppose coming off of a super fun and busy weekend filled with taking pictures and hanging out with friends and family will do that to you during the week after! Thank you to Vanessa for the fun behind the scenes picture above! This week included a lot of:
- Wishing I could go back to this weekend which consisted of a headshot swap with Vanessa & Caity who are both incredible photographers and good friends!! Vanessa is going to be moving to Texas in June which makes me SO sad because I’m pretty sure this girl has always believed in me more than I’ve believed in myself for photography and has been such a mentor for me without me even ASKING!!! I second shot my first two weddings with her and I’m SO glad she took a chance on me 3 years ago and introduced me to the world of wedding photography! Caity has been SUCH an amazing friend who just recently went FULL TIME with her wedding photography business aka GOALS!! She has such a bubbly personality and I’m so glad I met her while second shooting with her last year because now we always talk about everything photo related (including #struggles) and she’s one of my biggest supporters which is so important to me!! Wishing every day could be filled with tacos & portraits at the Library of Congress & Capitol! But not filled with the dead rat we put our gear WAYYYYY too close to……..keeping it real guys!!
- I got to hang out with my cousin who was in town for a conference!! It was so good to see her after almost a whole year <3
- I had the privilege and honor of photographing Nakul & Lakshmi’s engagement ceremony which was BEAUTIFUL AND SO MUCH FUN!! Among the craziness of the day and SO many pictures and coordinating ALL the things, I realized that I kinda live off of that insane busy day rush! Plus it helped that they made me feel like family, even their guests were SUPER sweet and wanted to talk to me!! AND can I say that Indian weddings and ceremonies are the most colorful and vibrant ones ever which makes them a dream to photograph <3
- GUYS. I tracked the popcorn food truck down and went like 45 minutes out of the way yesterday to get my fix of caramel & white cheddar popcorn. Sounds weird but I promise it’s REALLY good and I got my roommates HOOKED on it too!! The place is called Popped Gourmet Popcorn Food Truck so if you see a little food truck driving around D.C. FLAG. IT DOWN!!! I promise you won’t regret it!
- I’m getting super excited for another SENIOR SESSION I’m doing this weekend out at VCU! I’ve actually never shot there before so I’m excited to get inspired by new locations and spent time with Leah who I’ve known for a couple of years now! Also doesn’t hurt that the girl is bringing some rosé to pop hahaha 😀
- And of course since VCU is only about an hour away from UVA, guess HOO all I’ll be hangin’ with this weekend!! Actually speaking of which, Naveen tried to surprise me at my apartment this Sunday but I was out at my best friend’s mom’s 50th birthday dinner so he actually missed me!!! But it was SUCH a sweet gesture and something that I really appreciated <3
- My brother helped me put together my desk (finally!!!) after a month or two of it sitting at my parent’s house! It was super difficult to assemble but SO worth it!! I love being able to edit on here and get all my photo business work done on here and not kill my back by hunching over on my bed like I have been doing for the past 6+ months….and also I got in a print that I ordered from a fellow small business owner that’s of the Jefferson monument during cherry blossom season and although it’s small, it’s my very first piece of art & I love it!!