Continuing on with Friday Funs even though by the time this is published, I will technically be out of office!!
- This week started off with celebrating my dad’s birthday, lots of eggs benedict & making hollandaise sauce from scratch! Except I added WAYY too much lemon and then learned a trick where baking soda will help neutralize the acidic taste! It totally saved the sauce 🙂
- I covered a sweet portrait event and then an engagement session at Stone Tower Winery which is my FAVORITE winery in the area! Sneaks to come from the gorgeous session soon! We had rescheduled quite a couple of times but it ended up being perfect!
- I turned around the images, packed and left for NYC in less than 24 hours!!! That was a whirlwind but I’m so excited to have some time to travel this season! I had kind of taken a travel hiatus (unless it was for photography) and I definitely missed it. So I’ll be soaking up the holiday cheer here in the city for a couple of days! The goal is to hit Rolf’s German Bar, the Bryant Park holiday markets and Washington Square Park at least since I’ve never been!
- Let me know if there’s a hot cocoa place or any other food recommendations that I HAVE to have while I’m there! I’ll probably be back before I know it since my old roommate is MOVING HERE SOON!! It’s been her dream forever and we both used to dream of switching jobs, she was excited to move to NYC and I was excited to go full time photography and look at where we are now!!!
- After a fun couple of days in NYC, I’m heading home and then flying out the next morning to New Orleans to meet my family who’s already there for vacation 🙂 Safe to say I’m taking FULL advantage of having a somewhat more flexible schedule!! I’ve been wanting to go to New Orleans since I was little and so I’m excited to explore everything and of course get some world famous beignets (with coffee!) while I’m there!
- If you haven’t read Part Two of Making the Switch yet and my journey to going full time with photography, and you have a couple more minutes to spare, go read! Chances are it might surprise you a little!
That’s it for this week, let me know where all you’re traveling this holiday season!
If you enjoyed this post, you should binge read these: