Oh my this week was just an in between to the real deal aka THE WEEKEND!!! By the time this post goes live, I will be in Charlottesville again which makes me so, so happy 😀 I swear coming back to this place so many times has been amazing because I have the time to go explore all the places my engineering/sleep-deprived self never got to take advantage of! And by explore I primarily mean try out ALL the food 🙂 I didn’t have a mid-week blog post so this one is a bit longer!
Here’s a quick recap of last weekend in Charlottesville before I get too far ahead of myself:
– I visited Skyline drive right around sunset which was BEAUTIFUL!! Highly recommend this for anyone, plus it’s only about 20 minutes from UVA! But you could never tell from being up in the mountains 🙂 You get gorgeous Appalachian views on the way over as well. We got to experience two sets of deer SUPER up close on the road to the viewing spots which was surreal!
– For anyone trying to fill their guac & marg cravings, go to El Jaripeo! It’s right by the Corner but I feel like it’s not as well known as some other spots in Cville. I got the flautas with chicken and Nav got the smothered burrito & churros. Next up on the list is trying Michioacana that a bunch of friends swear by!
– Saturday was spent at Pippin Hill (!!!) aka my favorite vineyard <3 Although the views were not as vibrant as they are in the summer when everything is super in bloom I loved getting back there and did a bit of a wine tasting with Naveen! Our favorite was the Zero White and of course I loved the Rosé! I bought a bottle of probably my favorite red, a 2016 Red Pump, I’ve ever tasted to date to bring home to my dad so we’ll see what he thinks of it! Here’s a look at their wine tasting 🙂 My long, long term goal is to photograph a wedding there so I can get that golden dreamy light that my friends were actually blessed with when we went during the school year a while ago! What a dream of a place to photograph 😀
– GUYS. My best friend got me hooked on Thai Iced Tea and Lemongrass’ is the best I’ve ever had!! I don’t know WHAT they put in there but if you’re a fan, be sure to try it the next time you’re there! I’m so glad I got to meet up with friends like Andrea (lovingly referred to as Mama Dre) while I was in Charlottesville before the craziness of next weekend! I also shamelessly and pretty much soberly danced. my. heart. out at Trin Saturday night hahahahaha 😀 You never realize how much you miss being able to do that when you graduate but I guess there will be more of that at our dance competition’s after party this weekend!
– You know that perfect Sunday morning post-going out brunch cure? Pigeon Hole nails it to a T. The California with two poached eggs on biscuits with hollandaise, avocado and tomato. Biscuits to share. Bottomless coffee. It’s all my heart needs on a Sunday after going out! We had a kind of big group but I loved that we all squeezed into one table in the Pigeon Hole’s cozy space 🙂
– I ended up staying Sunday night in Charlottesville because it got super dark and stormy outside. So obviously instead we opted for fresh donuts from Kripsy Kreme and went to bhangra practice. Because when you miss practice, you still go to practice LOL. I’m so excited to see UVA perform their set for the exhibition during this weekend’s show!!
Looking forward to this weekend becauseee:
– Saturday all day is SHOW DAY!!! DCBC has been putting in ALL the extra hours, hard work, and run throughs this week to make sure we’re set for a solid performance this weekend! We actually have a double header for competitions with ECS in Charlottesville this weekend and Fever in New York next weekend, so this is kind of our prep to really perfect our performance next weekend!
– Monday & Tuesday I get the honor of attending Hope Taylor’s photography workshop in Richmond, VA!! This will be my first every photography workshop and I’m so excited to learn from her and implement all her tricks while second shooting for her throughout this year <3 Plus, I’ll get to meet the majority of the other interns, hang out with Caity, meet Hope and some other awesome photographers! I think I’ll do a blog post on my experience at the workshop if possible to share some of the behind the scenes of what it’s like to be at one for anyone that’s curious!!