If you missed this week’s post with Reception Tips for any brides-to-be, check that out here! It was the final part to my quick series on tips for having a super smooth wedding day which included tips for the getting ready portion and ceremony & portraits part of the big day!
Along that vein, this was definitely one of those “all the work behind the scenes work” weeks. You know the not so glamorous ones that EVERYONE has on their way to “success” where they just have to put their heads down, do the work and wait? For as many weeks with amazing news and all the excited exclamation marks, there’s the super calm weeks as well just getting clients’ information organized on the back end here for me! However, these next two weeks are shaping up to be pretty fun 🙂 Here’s some highlights and a quick peek at what’s coming up!
– I’m heading down to Charlottesville for this weekend to celebrate Nav’s birthday (he’s feeling 22!!) and our 2 year anniversary <3 I know it’s only been a little over a week since he’s gone back to school but I got super home sick but for him and I’m glad I get to spend some time with him this weekend!
– That being said, I’m also always so excited to see ALL the friends at UVA, especially during a less crazy weekend 🙂 Hoping to make it out to either Pippin Hill/Bold Rock, watch the UVA v. Duke game at Boylan, go to a formal and obviously brunch on the Corner 🙂 Previous fun times at Bold Rock shown below! 😀
– Guys my favorite place on the Corner, Cafe Caturra, is shutting down!! 🙁 I didn’t even get to have a last supper there! But in other news, Bold Rock is coming out with a rosé flavor so there’s that to be excited about!!! I got the most DMs on Instagram ever from reposting that announcement hahahha I thought it was hilarious. I can’t wait to try it out and see how I feel about the new flavor, it could just be my biggest obsession of 2018! It comes out at their cideries on February 3rd and their major distributors sometime after that! If anyone comes across it before I get my hands on one, please try it out and let me know what you think!!
– I somehow missed including this on last week’s post, but I got to hang out with some fellow squirrel lovers at La Sandia last week before one of our own BECAME a chipmunk with getting his wisdom teeth out hahahaha lots of bad jokes/puns and margs were involved 😀
– I went back through an online journal that I used to keep which had pictures and descriptions about important meaningless days. I’ve had it for about 5 years but really failed to keep up with it within the last year. I think some of that got translated over to these Friday Fun posts but I think I’ll make a more conscious effort to document all the in-between days so that I can look back at them fondly in the future 🙂 I love being able to preserve even the smallest memories, I mean that is WHY I am a photographer after all!
– Guys, I’m debating purchasing another LENS!!! Last year, I really focused on investing in education to further my shooting & editing proficiency as well as perfecting my client experience & business fundamentals but this year is going to be ALL about getting all the gear I’ve been dreaming about for the past couple of years and I’m so excited to add some new lenses to the arsenal and have them become my best friends on wedding days 😀 Trying to see if I can snag this one in time before a workshop that I’m going to! This will be my first ever IN PERSON workshop which is a hugeee bucket list item of mine! If anyone has any thoughts on the Sigma 50mm 1.4, let me know! The 50mm is usually one that people first get when breaking into portrait photography but I got the 35mm and have actually never had the 50!
– You know, stick in the fact that I’m preparing to dance at two competitions back to back! And so I guess you know, although this week FEELS like it’s crawling by, there’s so many things in the works and I should really celebrate that 🙂
Until next time!
Hooked on Friday Fun posts? Here’s a couple of other ones you may like!