Today’s conversation was with Jess Jordana who’s an incredible copywriter that I’ve had the pleasure of working with! She also is the founder of the Promptlates which helps creatives create website words that sound like them and speak straight to their audience.
Here’s a look at what we covered during our conversation today:
- A new way to look at business (and 1 question to help you do 80)
- How to structure your business so that you can enjoy me day to day while still going after the dream/vision
- 1 thing you can emulate from the strongest businesses you look up to
- The smartest thing to do to scale
- The #I thing to may remember when it comes to your marketing strategy
- Building more confidence in yourself as a business owner through both the good & hard parts along the journey
- One shift to make in your marketing to connect more deeply with your audience to convert
- Tips for handing tough situations in business
- How Jess manages running a business in a limited number of hours each week
Memorable Moments & Quotes from today’s episode:
00:48 “I think a lot of us business owners sign up for the business because we want to do the thing that we’re selling, but then we don’t think about selling the thing, and so that becomes a sticking point for a lot of people.”
10:43 “Because it’s one thing to say enjoy it, but it’s another thing if I personally, a year ago didn’t even know. What things I really enjoyed outside of just like achieving something. So that was like a whole process of me figuring out okay, in the moment what brings me joy outside of other people’s opinions, outside of achieving a milestone outside of all of these things. And then how can I bake more of that into my days?”
22:52 “Being a business owner, you have to start to see everything as working for you, working in your favors. Because otherwise we’re just not going to make it.”
35:54 “You just have to know that you’re going to call in your right people, that means that you’re going to absolutely repel the wrong people, and that is what your marketing should do.”
You can find Jess at:
Jess’s Video Series: https://jessicajordana.com/writersblock
New episodes come out every other Monday on Youtube! If you love Behind the Business, be sure to leave a comment and share the show with a friend in the industry!
Cheers to showing up imperfectly & making an impact!
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT QUICKLY GROWING YOUR BUSINESS? WATCH THE FREE MASTERCLASS!
If you’re wondering what the inside of a successful & streamlined photography business looks like, the masterclass is for you! Tune in to this free masterclass to learn how I grew from $600 to $5k weddings and went full-time in less than 1 year without sacrificing my time!
Follow Along On:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
If you enjoyed this post check out the MP Educational Series