I was going through and updating my website and came across my blog post from last summer that recapped everything that happened. Last summer was without a doubt, the best summer of my life so far. It was full of big milestones such as watching my little brother graduate from high school, travelling to new places like Myrtle Beach and working hard to get my photography out there and noticed! My summer recap reminded me of everything that I had accomplished that I would have otherwise forgotten. It also helped me deal with this year’s change from such a busy semester to a slower summertime. Hopefully on the other end of this summer I’ll have just as much to look back on! Here’s a couple of things that have happened so far and some more that are in the works for this summer!
Highlights So Far:
- Spending an extra week in Cville after I finished finals just taking graduation portraits! I almost felt like a full time photographer aka the dream! See Radhika, Jane, and Narotham & Shreya’s blog posts for just a few!
- Visiting the Pet Shelter and falling in love with a diabetic cat that liked to be petted & the kittens that were so playful (I’m a cat person!!)
- BEACH WEEK!!! I’ve never lived so close to the ocean, boogie boarded so much, lounged in a pool or seen the sunrise on a beach before. I’ve also never cleaned so much before or been so sunburned and tan before in my life!
- Meeting up so many of my friends (including my best friend!) who were back in the area for a little bit before being off to wherever they’re interning/studying this summer
- Interning at the same company as last summer and being able to get right back into the swing of things and help out
- Taking day trips to Annapolis & Harpers Ferry
What I’m Looking Forward To:
- Traveling with uncle who is here from India
- Getting to know my fellow new intern crew better
- Hanging out with my friends that are back home for the summer
- DRIVING!!! I love being home and being able to drive my 1990 Eagle Talon around. It’s too old for me to take Here’s hoping that we won’t have as many parts to replace/problems to fix up
- Two couples’ sessions that are in the works! I’ve taken photos for one couple before (they were the very first to let me & I actually LOVED it) and the second couple just recently got engaged which is super exciting
- Second shooting another wedding that I will be in charge of taking groom and groomsmen portraits for by myself for the first time!!