I’m not going to lie, I almost didn’t get this blog post up this week! I feel like I say this every time but I’m trying to be more consistent with doing 2 blog posts a week but sometimes it’s crazy and my second one will slip to the back of my brain. This week was a pretty big one for a couple of reasons:
- I moved out of my first grown up apartment 🙁 This is so sad, the place just got emptier and emptier and I’m really going to miss both of my roommates. I’m also going to miss having a little place of the world that was entirely mine. My room was the place where I’d come home after work and run the business sitting cozily at my desk in my office chair. It was the place where I first started my business back in January, it was the warmest place where a candle was always burning, and I was always working towards building the business. It hit me as I was driving back with a car full of stuff how much of my business really kind of “grew up” in Ballston. Whether it was at my desk in my apartment, or long days spent in Republik coffee shop at the same wooden table with the black cushy benches, or the two Starbucks coffee shops also in the area. There were so many days that I’d be in there at night looking at the Ballston buildings all lit up at night and I really felt like I was hustling hard and starting to live out the dream and the kind of life that only had been a pipe dream of an imagination a couple of years ago!
- My roommates and I did a happy hour finally at Kapnos to celebrate/cry over moving out over really good Greek small plates and wine of course. We reminisced about times in the apartment as well as times in college that brought us back to like five years ago and how there were certain moments that we could still distinctly remember.
- Work has been a lot of long hours and stressful this week as we go into a big transition this weekend and it’ll probably be a lot of long hours next week so if I look a little out of it, I apologize in advance! I did the first night shift last night and it was oddly nice with a sense of peace that’s never quite there during the day!
- I’m super super grateful that the hurricane didn’t hit DC but I also see the news and am keeping the Carolinas in my thoughts this weekend. I hope that everyone down there is staying safe during it.
- This weekend I’m looking forward to hanging out with some friends, watching some football tomorrow (so glad the season is back!!) and getting some details planned out to offer some fall mini portrait sessions! If you’re at all interested, feel free to message or email me 🙂
That’s all for this week! If you liked this post, check out previous Friday Fun posts!
Labor Day, Gilmore Girls & More Tacos!