This Friday Fun brought to you via many a metro ride! Hahaha for real I’ve been using my new 30 minute metro rides via the silver and red lines to write out my blog posts for the week! My routine is slowly becoming eating a breakfast bar while walking to the metro and then trying to nab a seat so I’m able to make the best use of my time on the metro and instead of people watching like I normally do! I’ll try to hammer out my blog posts on the Notes app so I can do other things like editing my images, emailing clients, and tracking finances, etc. once I get home!
Anyways, after 3 weekends of traveling in a row and 2 weekends spent competing bhangra in Charlottesville, VA and Binghampton, NY, I was super excited to have a relatively calm week without dance practices every night to get back into my normal schedule and relax a little! I’m also looking forward to a weekend actually spent in DC and being able to sleep in my own bed!
Highlights from the week include:
- Naveen is coming back for the weekend! So of course this means I’ll be taking him to Bayou Bakery to get him to try out their AMAZING biscuits and exploring more of D.C.! We chose to celebrate Valentine’s day by sending each other cookies & cupcakes and grabbing Thai food in our own respective cities and then facetiming to eat together <3 Pretty much as ideal of a Valentine’s date as we could manage. Fun pictures of us below thanks to Jontell 🙂
- I tried to wear heels to work hahahahaha rookie mistake, what a joke, never again…but on the fun side, über rides through D.C. are SOO. ON. POINT!! I didn’t realize just how gorgeous and amazing D.C. is as a city before moving to Arlington. It makes me want to move in to the city and live and breathe it every single day, I don’t think the views will ever get old!!
- I get free Starbucks coffee at work and we get to drink it out of this MASSIVE mug! So they may have taken me out of the coffee shops but they can’t the coffee shop habits outta me 😀
- Editing all the pictures I took at the workshop last week and trying out a new camera lens that came in! My gear is slowly accumulating and I’m actually out growing my photo bag that I use to carry it all, this is kinda cool because I never expected for it to happen so quickly! My best friend got it for me for graduation and out growing it is in a sense a testament to the growth of.my business in a way 😁 Loved being able to blog a wedding recap from the French blue soft & southern wedding styled shoot from Hope Taylor’s workshop this past week!
- After weekends gone I was super excited to clean my apartment and finally get groceries again! Had definitely started to live off of too much Chipotle for a bit there…unfortunately after my grocery run, as my usual ambitious self, I attempted to hoist up all my grocery bags up at one time (ain’t nobody got time for TWO trips to your car!!) and a bottle of Dark Horse rosé that I had bought tumbled out, ROLLED………and THEN cracked on the floor of my apartment garage. Alas, I had a tiny bit of rosé left in the bottle but didn’t want to risk drinking any tiny pieces of glass so I had to recycle the shards of glass and the leftover rosé…what a sad day! I guess it’ll justify me running to Harris Teeter again to buy the Angry Orchard rosé and see what it’s like until Bold Rock can get its new flavor to me!!
- While we’re still on L’s you’ll be amazed to hear that I somehow lost my lunch bag while commuting and the best part is that I think I lost it between Union Station and my work which is like a 2 minute walk!! Hahaha not my best week for these little things
If you’re hooked, here’s past Friday Funs for you!