What a week! Bounced back and forth between my apartment and home back in Herndon (what’s new) and experienced/survived a full week of being on the bench! Here’s some highlights from the week:
– Photographed fall mini sessions in Georgetown!! I hadn’t been back there in a while except for practices so it was nice to walk around, take portraits with the remaining gorgeous fall leaves and the early holiday lights that had been put up! I took photos of Laura as well as Brittney & Malcolm and was so glad that the rain held off for them during our sessions! I gifted them all District Doughnuts and also treated myself to a pumpkin spice one that was DELICIOUS! If you haven’t been to District Doughnuts yet, check it out in Cady’s Alley!
– I got to see my SWE little perform at her first ever dance competition at GWU!!! Plus UVA placed second, so HOO couldn’t be happy about that?! It was kinda fun to go and watch a dance competition, especially that wasn’t a bhangra one, since I had no basis of how good each team was. I found myself noticing though that they really emphasize the facials and “performance” aspect which is something I could learn from!
– Our apartment had a little “housewarming” party Saturday night! My parents kept asking why they weren’t invited and I had to explain that it was “drinks only” which my mom thought was genius because then no one would have to cook food for it! The simplest party there ever was!
– Sunday was the best day!! I went to two wineries that were about an hour away with family friends. The first one was called Arterra and much to my surprise there were amazing snacks brought along! Gouda, provolone, parmigiano reggiano, crostini bread, the most delicious smoked salmon and olives to go along with our wine! The second place we went to, Barrel Oak Winery, had the best atmosphere hands down because it was extremely dog friendly!
– The rest of the week was not as exciting as the weekend to be honest haha I got to spend time with my new joiners working from the Arlington office looking for roles to hop onto my first project and knocking some training out of the way! Highlights of those days were quite obviously the mini trips to go scout out and make the best office coffee possible
– Wednesday and today I get to work from home which has been quite awesome! The struggle for putting together outfits for work is real and I love being able to work from home in the comfort of a long sleeve and leggings when possible!
– Thursday was spent taking the day off to enjoy food with family and friends. Our group of family friends always host a massive potluck Thanksgiving lunch at one of the houses complete with turkey, mashed potatoes, biscuits, stuffed mushrooms, and of course pie! I usually don’t eat until I’m stuffed because I hate the feeling but this is one of those meals during the year that it’s imply inevitable! We ended up playing a pretty fun board game called Code Names for the majority of the afternoon!
– And then true to tradition I did a little early Black Friday shopping with Sachi, Sohum and Dhruv at Tysons. Although we may have done more eating than shopping to be quite honest 😉 Usually Sachi and I go on Friday morning at 5 or 6 AM and it’s pretty calm but last night was a ZOO. I did manage to snag the warmest flannel known to man and two nice necklaces!
– SOHUM MADE ME LUNCH TODAY! Might just be the highlight of the week
Here are some pictures from the week including sneak peeks of my fall mini sessions from last weekend!
And some fun iPhone pictures from the week!
when you eat too much food at Thanksgiving hahaha #slumpcam
(please don’t kill me for posting this, just documenting life ya know hahaha)