Hello hello! I can’t believe August is over and we’re going into some of the BUSIEST months as a wedding photographer as the fall season comes upon us! This is actually one of my favorite times of the year as a fall baby, a lover of all things cozy/sweater weather/pumpkin spice! Here’s some fun moments from this month:
- The literal high temperatures, I like me some heat but man has it been toasty out
- Touring and visiting some new Charlottesville venues that I would absolutely love to fill out my 2020 wedding spots at! I’m hoping for some weddings at Castle Hill Cider, King Family Vineyards and Keswick Hall specifically so if you know anyone getting married there that needs a photographer, holler at your girl!
- I started using a new planner, the Simplified Planner by Emily Ley and have absolutely LOVED using it and have noticed that I tend to overwhelm myself a little less with this one!
- Celebrated my brother’s birthday!
- Started getting back into bhangra and it’s been fun really sweating it out at practice AND photographed the first all-womxn’s bhangra competition, Raniyaan di Raunaq, to ever take place in the U.S. Was so honored to be able to capture history in the making!
- Oh, if you want a good brunch place in the Arlington/D.C. area, definitely check out Pamplona!
- Went to Bull Run Winery with my brother and found ourselves in the middle of a Civil War reenactment
- Tried out Simply Social Coffee in Fairfax which was really good!
- Raniyaan di Raunaq with DCBC!!! It was such an honor to photograph this historic competition! Raniyaan di Raunaq was the first all-womxn’s bhangra competition to ever take place in the U.S. Was so honored to be able to capture history in the making! I ended the weekend with a whopping 2500 images to edit o.O Here’s all the pictures
- Got to hang out with some friends at a really fun taco and game night with playing Code Names again! If you’ve never played the game, you should pick it up and try it out with a group of friends!
- It’s definitely helpful to sometimes do something just to exercise your creative muscle! I loved being able to shoot with Hani of Anis Collections at the Kennedy Center in D.C. to do something a little new & different and I think it turned out really well!
- I got rehooked on Gossip Girl and have started binge watching Riverdale!
- Absolutely fell in love with Charlottesville all over again! I went for a weekend of tubing and decided to extend my stay to see all the venues I mentioned above! What I didn’t anticipate was re-falling in love with Charlottesville and it’s surrounding cute towns like Crozet! I tried out some new food at Bebedero, The Local, Bang! (LOVED their tapas!!) and the pretzels at Hardywood!
- Going with above, I crushed Naveen in Banana-grams! Hahaha he should have seen it coming with my Scrabble/Words with Friends obsession!
Couple of fun things from this month!
Favorite Drink: Bold Rock Harvest Haze IS OUT!!
Favorite Beauty Product: Living Proof Dry Shampoo (have never seen a dry shampoo that works as well as this one!)
Favorite Quote: “Live your life by a compass, not a clock” – Stephen R. Covey
Favorite Book: You are a Badass by Jen Sincero
Alright, that’s it for this month! If you want to binge through past recaps, here they are!